Thursday, June 25, 2009

Send me your Ameri-heroes!

YANKlogo
Captain America, Liberty Belle...Commando Yank? Yes, patriotic superheroes have inspired some silly characters...and yet how I love them. All at once, they go right to the heart of what's fun and what's...problematic about the so-called Golden Age of comic books.

This blog is for YOUR democracy-loving, 5th column bashing champions of justice. I exhort you in the name of Old Glory to wrack your brain in search of a superhero (or villain) who stands for SOMETHING uniquely American, draw said champion, and send it my way with a description. (See "contact" to the right.)

WHY AM I DOING THIS?

Because July 4th approaches and I think it's a fun idea.

That's all I have to say, except this: Please interpret freely. You can be sarcastic, political, pro-America, anti-America, whimsical, or nerdy (my favorite)!

No comments:

Post a Comment